A video depicting a fire incident in the rear cabin of the Proton X90 model has taken the online sphere by storm, garnering significant attention from netizens.
In the video, we can see the thick white smoke emitting from the trunk of the car.
In the midst of this, there were some netizens who claimed that the white smoke enveloping the sports utility vehicle (SUV) cabin originated from a hybrid battery explosion.
Following the incident, Proton stepped forward to clarify the viral video clip, stating that they were already aware of the situation.
Furthermore, the burned X90 unit is now in their custody for further examination.
Following the incident, Proton stepped forward to address the viral video clip, stating that they were already aware of the situation.
“We are fully aware of the incident, and the vehicle is currently under our possession,” the statement read.
It also added that its team is currently conducting a diligent investigation and will be collaborating closely with relevant authorities to determine the exact cause of the fire.
Proton’s response highlighted their commitment to product quality and safety.
“At PROTON, the quality and safety of our products is our top priority,” the statement emphasized.
They further reassured users of all Proton models that their vehicles undergo rigorous quality and safety inspections before delivery to customers.
PROTON has also requested the cooperation of all to refrain from engaging in speculative discussions.
They urge patience and understanding as investigations continue to provide clarity on the incident.
The burned X90 unit remains in Proton’s custody for a detailed examination, with many awaiting further updates on the situation.