If you’ve ever stayed overseas for extended periods of time, you’re definitely bound to miss your hometown cuisines and are even willing to pay extra to satisfy your cravings.
With that being said, a restaurant in Melbourne is offering a monthly salary of RM17,000 for an experienced roti canai chef to join the team as part of their expansion strategy. No flipping way!
In a job advertisement posted on the job portal Seek, the restaurant named Roti Bar on Little Collins Street claims to offer one of the finest Malaysian cuisine in the area and even went as far as to state that it takes great pride in making roti canai.
Think you can flip the roti canai?
However, before you get too excited, here are some of the job requirements for potential candidates:
- MUST have experience in flipping roti canai
- Basic flipping skills is ESSENTIAL, but training will be provided to meet restaurant standards
- Able to work under pressure
- Responsible and able to take instructions
- Must have full working rights in Australia
Aside from the tempting salary, the restaurant is also providing the following perks for its staff:
- Staff meals
- Stable organisation with long term employment
- Sponsorship for qualified candidates
Yes, you read that right, they even provide a sponsorship if you are deemed as a “qualified candidate”! How cool is that?
Interested in the job already? You can head over here to submit your application. Good luck!
It’s unrelated to the article but here’s our brand-new podcast – Talk Je Lah!
Cover Images via Instagram
Editor: Sarah Yeoh