A few days ago, photos showing a 7-Eleven employee cleaning a microwave with a mop went viral on Twitter and deeply shocked Malaysians.
Read our coverage on the incident here:
7-Eleven worker fired
In a statement released by 7-Eleven Malaysia yesterday (Jan 25), it said that the worker has since been fired from his job for violating sanitation protocols.
It also added that the microwave has been replaced with a new one.
[𝗨𝗣𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝟮𝟱 𝗝𝗔𝗡] We would like to update you that action has been taken in response to this incident:— 7-Eleven Malaysia (@7elevenmalaysia) January 25, 2023
1- The employee responsible has been suspended
2- The microwave has been replaced with a brand new one (cont. below) https://t.co/mS2ZFrEXMY
The store is undergoing a thorough cleaning and sanitisation process and we are implementing stricter measures to ensure that all of our employees are following our hygiene protocols.
“We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we value your continued patronage,” it wrote.