A Rohingya man has lodged a police report after a group of villagers allegedly threatened to force his family out of their rented home in Kampung Kubang Parit, Kuala Terengganu.
The man, identified as 29-year-old Hashimutullah Abul Alam, filed the report at Chabang Tiga Police Station at around 9.01am on Monday.
Nine villagers allegedly showed up at his home

Reported by Kosmo!, Kuala Terengganu District Police Chief Assistant Commissioner Azli Mohd Noor said Hashimutullah works as a construction labourer.
According to the report, around nine local residents arrived at his rented home at approximately 9.15pm on Sunday.
The group, which was allegedly led by a local resident, told Hashimutullah to immediately leave the house and the village with his wife and child.
They also allegedly warned that they would return and force the family out if they refused to move.
Family has lived there for six years
Hashimutullah holds a United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees card and has reportedly been renting the house from a local owner for the past six years.
He pays RM450 in rent each month.
Police believe the villagers’ actions may have been a response to an incident in Kemaman, as well as banners previously displayed in Durian Burung and Kubang Parit protesting the presence of Rohingya people in the areas.
Sought protection from police
Hashimutullah and his landlord lodged the report to seek police protection and monitoring as he was worried about the safety of his family.
The incident was also brought to the attention of Kampung Kubang Parit Village Development and Security Committee chairman Haji Mansur.
According to Azli, Hashimutullah and his family are still living at the rented home and have not decided whether they will leave or remain there.
No investigation paper has been opened in connection with the incident so far.
READ ALSO:

