For most Malaysians, roadside burgers are undeniably the best snack to have at any time of the day.
However, one woman had her appetite totally ruined after she discovered a horde of live maggots crawling on top of the beef patty. Yuck!
M’sian woman shocked to find maggots inside beef burger
In a 19-second video posted by a user named @jemahbukanaku on TikTok two days ago, it showed her lifting the bun from the patty and revealed several maggots squirming on the surface of the beef patty.
In the background, the woman could be heard exclaiming ‘Oh, my God’ loudly and thanking her lucky stars that she didn’t consume it.
It is understood that she had bought the burger from an R&R stall located along the highway and warned other in the caption to be more careful when buying food from R&R stalls.
Netizens disgusted by clip
The clip has since garnered more than 520,000 views at the time of writing, where netizens were nauseated by the maggots.
Many said that the burger was most likely a few days old, causing the beef patty to be infested with maggots.
To make things worse, the OP revealed that her boyfriend was told by the vendor that the burger was freshly made.
Another netizen tried to inject some humour into the situation, joking that the maggots must have made the burger tastier and was full of protein.
Watch the clip here: (Warning: don’t watch with a full stomach!)
@jemahbukanaku HATI³ LAH KORG YE,YG SINGGAH RNR TU KALO NAK BELI MAKANAN SEGERA TU CEK LAH BETUL³..NI PENAYA ORG NI.KEJADIAN TERKENA PD SOBAT AQ SNDIRI.korg xnak tau ke rnr mane?kot³ lah korg penah singgah..ehekkk #makjemah08 #tutuwakwaksendu #jemahbuathal #libra #ulat ♬ original sound – Jemah Senah
Guess we have to think twice before purchasing our beloved Ramly burgers from now on!