Online shopping has undoubtedly brought much convenience for those who prefer having their groceries delivered to their door. However, one of its biggest risks is not knowing whether the item purchased is safe to use or consume.
One woman recently took to TikTok to share how three of her family members landed themselves in the hospital after consuming frozen honey they had bought from an online seller.
M’sian family suffers food poisoning from frozen honey
In a series of photos shared by @hidayahdayha on her TikTok account yesterday (July 25), she shared that her mother and two siblings were rushed to the emergency department after they suffered severe vomiting and diarrhea after eating the frozen honey.
She also said she was worried especially for her mother, who was of age and has a history of high blood pressure.
Seller dismisses concerns
Following the incident, Hidayah reached out to the seller and asked for an explanation over why the frozen honey had caused her family to suffer from food poisoning.
Instead of apologising, the seller accused her of wanting to destroy his business and said that he had sold more than 4,000 units of the frozen honey, adding that she was the first to experience food poisoning thus far.
Suffice to say, Hidayah was deeply disappointed by the seller’s response and warned others to be careful of such online sellers and to only buy products from trusted and reputable shops.
Netizens demand accountability
The clip, which has since garnered more than 100,000 views at the time of writing, saw netizens shocked by the incident and wished Hidayah’s family members a speedy recovery.
They also thanked her for exposing such unscrupulous online sellers and their deceitful marketing tactics.
One also advised Hidayah to contact the company’s headquarters and demand that they check with their customers whether they had bought the same batch of frozen honey as she did.
If you need to purchase groceries or food items online, make sure it’s from a trusted source!