A man suspected of setting a 62-year-old lottery outlet worker on fire in Kepong has reportedly been arrested after evading police for nine days.
The suspect was arrested on the morning of Aug 18 after he returned to his home in Kepong, where police officers were reportedly already waiting for him.
Reportedly hid at temples while on the run

According to Sin Chew Daily, the suspect had been moving between several locations in Selangor after the Aug 9 attack in an attempt to avoid the authorities.
During this period, he reportedly stayed at several temples in Selangor.
On Aug 18, the suspect allegedly returned to his Kepong home, possibly believing that attention surrounding the case had died down.
However, police had reportedly been keeping watch near the residence and arrested him when he returned.
Police reportedly traced suspect through burn injury

It is understood that investigators managed to narrow down the suspect’s identity after discovering that he had suffered burns to his left hand during the attack.
Police subsequently began keeping watch near his home.
When Sin Chew Daily contacted acting Sentul district police chief Superintendent Jasni Zolpa regarding the reported arrest, he did not directly confirm it.
Instead, he said police had received a “positive development” in their investigation.
Kuala Lumpur police chief Datuk Fadil Marsus is expected to hold a press conference on Aug 19 to provide further details on the case.
Woman suffered burns to 50% of her body
As previously reported by WeirdKaya, the attack took place at around 7am on Aug 9 at a lottery outlet in Taman Pusat Kepong.
The 62-year-old worker was preparing to open the outlet when a man allegedly rushed inside, poured petrol on her and set her on fire.
Witnesses said she later ran to a nearby shop for help while on fire, prompting those at the scene to use a fire extinguisher to put out the flames.
She suffered burns to about 50% of her body and was taken to Kuala Lumpur Hospital for treatment. Police previously said she had no known enemies and had not received any threats before the incident.
The case is being investigated under Section 326 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing grievous hurt using dangerous weapons or means.
READ ALSO:

