The family of a father and his two daughters who were killed in a crash involving an Immigration Department lorry in Kuala Lumpur has called for a transparent and thorough investigation into the tragedy.
Speaking to Sinar Harian, 69-year-old Mohd Nadzri Razali said the family remains shocked by what happened and hopes every aspect of the incident will be properly investigated.

‘I just want justice’
Mohd Nadzri, who is the brother-in-law of the deceased victim, Shaik Mohd Firdaus Shaikh Yahya, 53, said the family had heard that the Immigration vehicle entered the junction despite facing a red traffic light.
However, investigations into the exact circumstances of the crash are still ongoing.
He said the family wants the authorities to clarify all information surrounding the incident and ensure justice is served.
I just want justice for my brother-in-law and his children.”
Mohd Nadzri said the family was initially informed that two people had died, only to later discover that three family members had been killed.
Shaik Mohd Firdaus died alongside his daughters Siti Nor Sazlin, 25, and Siti Darwisyah Auni, 12.
His wife, Norhayati Razali, 55, survived the crash and was initially admitted to the intensive care unit at Hospital Kuala Lumpur.
Mohd Nadzri told the Malay daily that Norhayati has since regained consciousness and is in stable condition.
The family hopes she can eventually be transferred to Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun in Ipoh or Hospital Teluk Intan if doctors allow it.
Family had travelled to KL
The family was reportedly visiting Kuala Lumpur when the tragedy occurred.
According to Malay Mail, a nephew of the victims said Shaik Mohd Firdaus had travelled to the Klang Valley to visit his mother in Semenyih.
The fatal crash happened at around 1 am on Aug 19 at the Maju Junction traffic light intersection along Jalan Sultan Ismail.
Police said preliminary investigations found that an empty Immigration Department Isuzu “Black Maria” lorry was travelling towards Chow Kit for an enforcement operation.

The lorry allegedly entered the intersection while facing a red traffic light, with its beacon lights and siren activated.
A Proton Saga travelling straight through the junction on a green light then collided with the lorry.
The impact caused the Immigration vehicle to lose control before it struck the four family members and an Inokom Matrix.
Victims were reportedly at a safe area
Police have also said the four pedestrians were at a designated safe area near the intersection before they were struck.
The three victims died at the scene while Norhayati was seriously injured.

Both the 43-year-old Immigration lorry driver and the 50-year-old Proton Saga driver have been remanded to assist investigations, which are being carried out under Section 41(1) of the Road Transport Act 1987.
Immigration officers visited the family
Following the tragedy, Kuala Lumpur Immigration Department personnel also visited the victims’ relatives at the National Institute of Forensic Medicine at Hospital Kuala Lumpur.
The visit was led by Kuala Lumpur Immigration director Hamsha Injau and lasted from around 1pm until 2.20pm, according to Sinar Harian.
The three victims are expected to be laid to rest together at the Kampung Air Hitam Labu Muslim Cemetery in Kampar, Perak.
Home Minister orders full cooperation
Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail has since instructed the Immigration Department to give authorities full cooperation in investigating the crash.
Saifuddin said all facts surrounding the incident must be identified and clarified.
He added that firm action should be taken against those responsible if investigations uncover negligence, misconduct or any breach of the law.
Investigations into the crash remain ongoing.
