PETALING JAYA – A man and his family were left traumitised after a firework exploded and burst into flames on his thighs.
In the 10-second video posted on Twitter, the man in white was at the front porch of his home with three family members.
Suddenly, they caught sight of a bright light making its way towards them and before they could react, the firework landed on the man and exploded, resulting in a flurry of sparks and a thick cloud of smoke.
The explosion almost entirely ate up the man in white, making him not visible to the CCTV camera. However, the severity of his injuries remains unclear.
The man seated down was also seen trying to put out the flames by patting his thighs frantically.
It is also believed that the firework was set off from a neighbour’s house and did not go in the intended direction.
Watch the video here: (Warning: May cause discomfort for some viewers)
[AMARAN] Hati-hati lah bila main mercun di kawasan perumahan. Bahaya! pic.twitter.com/4WfUWZLHGk— nan manjoi8715 (@nanmanjoi8715) April 18, 2022
Make sure you keep a safe distance from surrounding houses when playing with fireworks so that nobody gets hurt!
Cover image via Twitter.