2 M’sian Toddlers Accidentally Eat Snack Laced With Rat Poison

Both are now in a critical condition.
Children must always be watched at all times as they are prone to getting themselves into potentially dangerous and life-threatening situations without the adults’ knowledge.

Two toddlers in Kulim, Kedah, are now fighting for their lives at the hospital after they unwittingly ate a snack which contained rat poison.

- Advertisements -

2 M’sian toddlers accidentally eat snack laced with rat poison

According to Berita Harian, the toddlers, aged 2 and 3 respectively, had eaten a packet of snacks which was hanging on the garden fence in Kampung Padang Ubi, Labu Besar, on Sunday (Jul 7).

- Advertisements -
Snack containing rat poison
Photo via Berita Harian

The Malay daily also reported that the fence was located near the house where they lived.

Kulim district police chief Superintendent Mohd Azizul Mohd Khairi said the toddlers’ mother was made aware of the incident after she saw the duo vomiting at home and rushed them to the Malau Health Clinic before heading to the Kulim Hospital for further treatment.

- Advertisements -

Investigations found that the two siblings had taken a packet of instant crackers hanging on the wire fence of the garden, which contained rat poison intended to trap monkeys.

Snack with rat poison hanging on the fence
Photo via Sin Chew Daily

“Their mother later saw them vomiting and foaming in the mouth at home at around 11am. We also believe that the garden where the fence was located belong to a neighbour,” he said.

In critical condition

Mohd Azizul added that medical officers at the Kulim Hospital found the toddlers to be in critical condition and referred them to the Penang General Hospital to undergo further treatment.

The case is now being probed under the Children Act 2001 (Act 611) and Section 284 of the Penal Code (Negligence with Poisons).

Police are also tracking down the neighbour, who reportedly owns the garden, to aid in their investigations.

‘Pray for them’

Speaking to NST, the toddlers’ mother Nurain Hasnorizal pleaded with the public to pray for her sons after doctors revealed that hopes of a full recovery for her three-year-old Muhammad Akil Syauqi Abdul Rahman were rather dim.

Mother of toddlers who ate poisoned snack
Photo via NST

As for her younger son Muhammad Luth Syauqi, he’s currently still in a coma.

- Advertisements -

I was told by the doctors that they could not perform treatment on Muhammad Akil Syauqi’s kidneys due to his unstable condition.

“His blood pressure is also low, and his kidney condition could worsen if the doctors proceed with the treatment.

“As for Muhammad Luth Syauqi, he underwent a Computed Tomography (CT) scan today (July 8) and remains in a coma.

“Right now, my mind is still in a state of confusion. However, I appeal to the public to pray for the recovery of both of my sons,” she said as quoted by the English daily.

- Advertisements -


Weirdkaya is on instagram!
For more stories like this, follow WeirdKaya on Facebook and Instagram!

We are hiring writers!
We are hiring writers!